- 2 cups milk (can sub non dairy milk if desired)
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso or very strong coffee
- 3 TBSP of pure pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Whisk all ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat
- Once mixture begins to boil, remove from heat
- Blend with hand blender to combine and create some froth
- Pour into two mugs
- Top with cinnamon
- Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired
- Add extra maple syrup for more sweetness if desired
If you're like me and your tummy can't tolerate cow's milk, then this recipe is a must have in your fridge! This is so easy to make and it's delicious beyond compare. Even my picky daughter Samantha won't argue with me when I'm using cashew milk for recipes. And she'll even have it with her cereal!
This milk will only last a few days in the fridge so I make it often so it's fresh. And I even make some batches on the fly if I've run out and don't have any already made. It's not a fussy recipe and if your'e in a pinch, no need to soak the cashews ahead of time.
I love this recipe because you don't have to strain it!! Whatttt?? Yep, all you nut milk lovers out there know what I'm talking about. It's great to make nut milks, but straining it can be a pain. Luckily, this recipe doesn't require any straining, so no more complaining that you can't make your own nut milk, ok???
You can use any glass bottles for the finished product. I like to use empty kombucha bottles (I may or may not have an obsession with kombucha), or mason jars can do the trick as well. If you're fancy, you can buy some glass bottles with snappy lids from IKEA or your local dollar store.
- 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews
- 5 cups of filtered water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 medjool date (optional) - can sub 1 TBSP maple syrup or honey
- 2-3 glass jars
- Measure 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews into a glass bowl and cover with about two cups of water. Let sit for approximately three hours.
- Drain and rinse cashews and place in a high-speed blender with 1 cup of water and 1 medjool date. Note, if using maple syrup or honey, add at this point.
- Blend at high speed until the cashews are smooth and creamy and no lumps remain.
- Add 4 more cups of water, and pinch of sea salt.
- Blend again at high speed until the milk is perfectly smooth.
- Pour into glass jars and refrigerate.
- Will keep for about 4-6 days in fridge. Make sure to shake before using.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend of your choice (if you're not gluten free, you can use all purpose flour)
- pinch of salt
- butter for greasing pan